Wednesday, November 24, 2004

One of my bad days

nothing shall disturb me from this disquietude.
this melting oceans of dismal grey
said the mirror to me,on a sunless day

peace! said I,with a little anxiety
soothe your trembling fissures
and shine your sparkle your gaiety,hey!

ugliness haunt me and death beckons
dreary is my surface and rotten my soul
the cracks penetrate,let me go my way

a candle I lit,to dispell the gloom
and spoke softly,my voice quivering
my beautiful friend,this isn't the end,nay!

Tear I saw,the mirror did cry
and then he spoke a theme a sigh
"This too shall pass,just one of my bad days"



3 comments:

Keshi said...

Ash...for me, bad days galore...a good day is as rare as the full moon...yet I go on...for if not for bad days, we would not know what a good day is like...

Hugggs,
Kesh.

Dewdrop said...

Ash, these words just relate to what Im going through. This weird phase of depressiona at the moment is making feel worse. And Im hoping this will pass too.

Ashes said...

keshi..yes,it's the contrast which makes us see things and appreciate them.i know it more than anyone else.manic-depression is the name of the game i reckon.

dewdy...come to think of it,a person like you going thru' depression seems incongruous with fairess and justice.But if i search more closely, people who are sensitive and still retain something called 'soul' are bound to go thru these phases.I have faith,however,that it shall pass.You shall be shining radiantly once the grey clouds have dispersed.

virus..thanks for the comment.I admire people who can go thru life with a smile on their face.It's a skill i never learnt