Monday, December 25, 2006

Turn the page

How sudden some feelings emerge.how sudden!.And take one in their velvet soft grip and transports one to a facinating ancient land where happiness resided.I use the past tense as happiness seems to be felt more acutely in the hindsight.This is like going into a tunnel of diminishing lights,the last part always seemingly brighter than the present.Alas one can't turn back.
And softly they whisper something
chimes and scents of the past
these angels and demons still exist
amidst the changes they last
So here I close another page
and here I reach so fast
I wish I could have lingered more
but the path is laid,the die is cast.

Thank you 2006.You didn't kill me.Let me see if 2007 measures up.Let me see.

9 comments:

De.vile said...

You wont be disappointed if you dont keep your hopes up too high :)

Ashes said...

de.vile--hope does feel delicious though,but yeah I must practise restrain.

{illyria} said...

i'm sure it'll be something unexpected, to say the least. happy holidays, ashes. xx.

Jim said...

wishing u a happy new year
tell de vile
i love her too

Ashes said...

{illyria}--a wonderful new year to you as well,transience.It's always great to hear from you.but I miss reading you.i do.

Saby--same to you and I will.And hey,guess what Saby i love you too.

{illyria} said...

i'm still writing, my dear. but it's a password-protected site. if you'd give me your email, i'd email you my details. :) or you can email me at illyria[at]findingnorway.com.

oh, and happy new year's, sweetie.

Keshi said...

No year can kill ya Ash...as long as YOU don't give up. HUGGGGGGGGGGZ Happy New Year!

Keshi.

Jim said...

where the fuck are u ?
-Saby

Keshi said...

hows u Ash? Missin ya..

Keshi.