Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Saved.

I sometimes look for reasons why I am still living.Sometimes the reasons are hard to come by.Sometimes they are as in-the-face as the sarcasm of your mom/dad.I was lying on the floor again last evening(thats one of the ways i relax when my mind is zooming and taking me to all kinda of crazy places) and suddenly I was overwhelmed by the enormity of this thought--"why am i still existing?".I needed an answer urgently and i sensed that.In my overzealous teenage fits,when i didn't get the answers instantly i would start smashing things around and cutting myself..just to attract attention,mind you.I never wanted to die,but to get close.Like not wanting to enter thru' the doors and reach the 'other side' but maybe peep thru the keyholes.And believe me,peeped i did.many times.But these days,teenage angst has paid off well..now i'm bored and old(to borrow a line from Kurt Cobain who incidently said his goodbyes at age 27..i am 23),so i just laid down and waited for the answer to come.I sensed that music was playing in my stereo system.A pink floyd cd i had put and forgotten about it.And then i realised that music ,and music made like THAT is one of the reasons I am here.They really astound me.How can a group of people have soo great a talent.It's unfair.I envy.The artistic freedom they had,and the uninhibited use they made of it,is nothing short of miraculous.It's divine and maks me feel closer to God.The shrikes of monstrous bird,a chopper nosily hovering,reaching into mind shattering crecendo of tumultuous noise merging softly into soothing guitar and keyboard sounds.That time i don't want to stir.Just be one with the music.And be drowned in it.Lost in the cesspool of the ripples it creates,oblivious to every oblivion that stares me in the face.Floyd will rescue me anyday.
Oh and btw, i can create every Floyd tune on my Fender.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont want to sound as if im preaching and not misconstruing u in anyway.
just dropped by to tell that dont be sad or even think of 'dying' ..there may not be pink floyd running everytime ..what if stereo was down?..thats y ashes remember ppl go thru worse n dont go extremes ..i know u wont but still just thot to tell u tho.

oh u can play it on fender? , thats amazing....

{illyria} said...

i agree with the comment above me. raw creative energy is worth it once channeled the right way. or is there even a right way?

Jim said...

havent read dis ashes,
just wanted to tell u

u aint playing fair

u just dropped a hint
dat ur stinking rich

'yacht buying spree'

Ashes said...

anonymous@8:57--no worries,as i remarked i just like to peep thru the keyholes.

feathered_mask--raw.thats prolly my middle name.

transience--there is no right/wrong way.Infact there is no way.There is just energy.

Saby--it's not a hint.It's a fact.but it's not me..it's my dad who is stinking rich.

De.vile said...

Here is nothing new.

Btw, agree with those sounds they use (Pink Floyd), its amazing how the wind squeezing through the air has been put into a song. But living to envy them, proabably you need to find a new purpose.

De.vile said...

damn thats wind squeezing thru the window, not air.

Ashes said...

devile--purpose?duh! fuck that and fuck it all.

De.vile said...

Like I said before...

Here is nothing new...

Ashes said...

de.vile--as i said before..fuck it and fuck it all.

themadamefiles said...

"I sometimes look for reasons why I am still living." - you are still alive because it's people like you who reach out to others via your blog, and your beautiful poetry who can't express their angst themselves, who are afraid to speak out. You are being brave in keeping this blog and your poems bleed your blood, but it's all good in a weird roundabout way, and you may not see it now, or you may only see it when you're 50, but there is a reason - people like me need to read your stories. Even the survivors have to remember...
xoxo