Monday, October 11, 2004

Catty Smiles

Sometimes it just takes a very small gesture to feel loved.And come to think of it life is full of these small moments which go unnoticed in the blur of activites our tiny brains are thinking up.And suddenly a jolt comes,which shake us of our mechanical zombieness,makes us realise the interconnectedness of our beings.I was watching my little cat playing cheerfully with a small ball in my living room.I was sitting placidly on the sofa,smoking my last piece of cigarette,and thinking of things.I was being envious of the abandon of the little creature,eyeing her with growing discomfort.I threw the ashtray at her,the glass ashtray breaking with a violent noise and jostling her for a moment.She looked at me,as if surprised at my anger,and I could see the fear in her eyes.At that instant I felt a limitless remorse..my heart going heavy and dark and angry at myself for interrupting her joyful playing.She didn't move and kept looking at me.I wanted to pick her up and sit her on my lap,saying sorry to her.But I was dead tired and exhausted with my manic-depressive attacks.I kept sitting on the sofa.She moved slowly towards me and before I could move my hand to call her..she was on my lap,licking my face as if telling me "I know you are one angry,violent and stupid man.i love you still".My eyes almost welled up with tears.Such moments are so rare.I had a good sleep last night.

4 comments:

Dewdrop said...

Indeed Ash, such moments are truly rare when we are loved inspite of our shameful and inept behaviour.
You can't get rid of, or avoid, the things or the people that enrage you, nor can you change them, but you can learn to control your reactions. Some Anger Management Techniques ;)
PS: Not trying to get personal, but I think smoking is no way to fight depression or overcome your worries or pains. Try quitting.

Keshi said...

Ashhhhhhhhh........I was enthralled by this post of yours! Priceless thoughts that only someone like you could hold...

Miss u heaps...take care,
Luvvv-Keshi

Anonymous said...

very touching.......... classy

Anonymous said...

They keep us goin, these li'l gestures, they happen often, one is oblivious to them, until one yearns for them and then they seem to have disappeared. But that's His way of making one realise their worth.
Well written.

--Someone.