Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Withering Flowers

There is a sense of irony in what I am going to write.The happiness which is so sacred to all of us,always brings with it a sense of clinging.And I wonder what great longing is there amongst us mortals over this slippery delusion called happiness.It's so touching and so beautiful--our longing.I always find people loving flowers.Bright cheerful flowers which are adorned with dewdrops in the morning bring involuntary smiles in the hearts of people.I was passing by this garden this beautiful evening.The flowers stood in their grandeour,proudly looking at the sun--sun which was obscured by the clouds.They looked pretty and arrogant.And I seemed to love them.And then I saw on the edge some old flowers..yellow in their age and brittle in their wisdom.Bowing heads.Those beautiful withering flowers.I loved them even more.Their bowed heads were not bowed in shame.It was an understanding that pride just hurts one's neck.No one loves withering flowers.Someone has to like them.

Someone has to find happiness and more.

I choose myself to be that ONE.

3 comments:

Dewdrop said...

Hey Ash
This post reminded me of a beautiful poem I learnt in school - Daffodils by W.WordsworthBesides a withering flower, there's usually a bud about to bloom. Many seeds remain after a flower dies. How similar is life to a flower?

Keshi said...

Ash...that was such a wonderful thought...someone has to love them...wow, what a deep mind you have...thank you for that post.

...And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils...

hugggz
Keshi

De.vile said...

had to post a comment, lost ur adress an been trying to find it. an then saby happened. n then i find ur blog agin. u have a knack at this. no one like witherin flowers. tell me wud u look at an old person an love em? like u love a "perfect" woman. sheivelled, whimpering flowers. they are beautiful no more, theyre graceful, humble. its sad. but we are made to pity things that wither. fools like us, we dont love the miserable, the ugly, the losers, we pity. sad that we are, we think we have the right to pity others. fools that we are...