Friday, February 11, 2005

Silence of the Gods


It was raining outside last evening.From the glass window of my room in the hotel,the serenic beauty of the glittering asphalt looked enchanting.The reflection of street lights made the concrete assume a lusture which was more endearing than most things natural.I felt warm and happy.A lopsided smile.A neon sign,was flashing intermittently on the huge billboard.The lights in my room were rather dull.Intentional ofcourse.I always found rain to be a little dampening.Never mind the pun.

Sometimes,silence reaches the great heights where the philosophers and meditation masters always talk about.It was such a brief moment,but I sensed an absolute stillness in myself.It was brief because as soon as my consciousness touched it,the silence was gone.I had two options..to either scream like a manic at the loss of that beautiful silence..or to reflect upon what grace it brought,even if in passing.I decided to paint silence.A black backdrop and a solitary candle with a fragile flame.Nah that would be too in-the-face.A pair of eyes,expressionless and a mouth that is filled with a hint of a smile,but just holding it.Well that was too complex.I was drawing some lines on the paper when the phone rang.A shriek.Montonous and echoing.I picked up the phone."Please be okay son.You worry us...Why are you silent?..You can talk with me,please...i am your mom.." click. My mother is so gentle.She is a wonderful soul.She wanted to comfort me.I wanted to tell her that I am okay and that I love her.Words just didn't come.Silence had smitten me.

5 comments:

Rex Venom said...

Awesome. It tingles.

De.vile said...

smooth. seems so dispassionate an easy. somethin so dead. indifferent.

Jim said...

Hey Ashes
u and yr girl devile suxs !

dont u guys send valentine cards ??




PS: if u want me to read yr goddam posts use font 12 at least

Ashes said...

saby--i've seen your posts.If you aren't a 12 yr old(or less),you should not be forgiven for being so kiddish.As for size 12 fonts,i'd keep that in mind.And aren't ya presumptious when you call devile my girl.

ps:oh and btw i'd want you to read my posts.I like yer bitter sarcasm.

sandeip said...

dont you think a complete;all consuming black;from which no light escapes would be the best colour of the silence?death the best image?