Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Core

There is a growing awareness in me of my own uncleanliness.An unclean spirit.Impurity of the original kind.I have tried to be blind to it.It has caught up with me,in a big way.Restlessness has abated and morphed into something more placid.A sense of belonging with the yuck that I feel.Something in me astonishes me.I demand too much of an integration.I wanted to be bad to the core,and that seemed an easier task than being completely good.And somehow the work isn't finished.The core isn't corroded yet.It won't.I have tried my best.It won't take over the rust of disgust.It stands clean and shining,a dot amidst an ocean of filth.And the beauty of that tiny dot is what hurts.I have come to realise that wiping myself of the face of existance isn't the way to destroy that speck.It won't budge.Death somehow is not THE END.It's another circle.A vicious one.I can't live unclean and for me to be completely numb,I need to be completely unclean.I would rather write a poem on this tearing apart,but am too devoid of any inspiration.People like me are dangerous,but to whom? I always wondered.I am a bad influence maybe.I need a break..a certain dissociation from 'life'.I would want to return.When and in what form I know not.It won't be a rebirth,as I am not particularly amused by the idea of suicide.It's time consuming and involves a lot of variables and somehow there are people who would really miss me,and somehow I am not THAT selfish to hurt them.I need the solitude of oblivion.I am so oblivious to it in the end.The constant self talk must be replaced by a frozen silence.The perfect idea to live forever would be to live in a frozen state.Life is so beautiful.And so is ice.

~~~in my imgination unbirdled wild
oh how like a way- ward child
that smilingly smashes all his toys
world after world i create and destroy~~~

6 comments:

Keshi said...

beautifully woven knitwear of pain...

Keshi

sandeip said...

total corruption;and total goodness.they are birds of a flock;both depicting a perfection that is un attainable by mere mortals.totality in corruption is the start of good;and then it becomes so metamorphed that after a time the corrupt becomes the good;just like IF YOU KEEP GOING NORTH;YOU ARE BOUND TO REACH THE SOUTH POLE.
but that is not for us.
"hate on and love through unrepining hours;our souls are love and eternal farewell"
as yeats said;that is the only avenue for us;hate on and love...........
no total corruption and no total virtue.

De.vile said...

extremities are an indefinite concept. i dont believe in a saint nor a satan. bsides as word_smith says extremitites cant keep you a human.

firacub said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
firacub said...

Hey Kid,
Get over with blamin yourself too much. If u have tried everything in the book to destroy that speck and even till now if it still shines within then me says thats what u r and what u were born with. No matter what u do it will always be a part of u. At times even I feel weak but in no way does it mean to give in, no matter how hard the situation is. Cheer up mate. Pain has been my best medicine. A cure for a disease named happiness. Accept it with a smile and it will make u a strong soul.

Peace,
Firacub.

Anonymous said...

dis guy needs a shrink
real bad

- Anony mouse, the psychoanalyst