Sunday, March 27, 2005

Smiling me

Suddenly I am happy.No reason as such,just happy.I was flicking the TV channels when a home-videos-of-kids-doing-silly-kiddish-things caught my eye.I dislike kids.They are too noisy and too clumsy.But that video brought up memories of my own childhood and an incident when I was 'recorded' and it might have made into that damn TV channel.

I was a toddler and in our montessori school we had to enact a nursery rhyme for the Anzac day celeberations in our school.I was a 'lost soul' even when I was kid but since dad had donated generous amounts to the school and the church so I was taken as one of the actors.We were acting 'Humpty- Dumpty' and they decided that the only way they could be sure of me not messing things on stage would be to cast me in a cardboard egg shaped dress and make me Mr.Humpty-Dumpty.Dad and Mom were excited and so was I about the prospect of me-getting-on-stage-and-being-a-central-character.I was okay in rehearsals until the A-day arrived.Everything was running smoothly.Dad and mom was fliming me...I was sitting on a 3 ft makeshift wall on stage,ready to fall when the 'had a great fall' lines come.And somehow when the lines came..i didn't fall.I was sitting there,my egg-shaped dress over me.The instructor(I saw the video and hence i know) repeated the lines 7 times,and still no fall.Needless to say the show was a huge flop.The people there had the sense of humor to find the thing 'hilarious',but to me..it was just a sleep due to boredom.

The traits of boredom were in me since a very small age.It's just that sleep has left me now a bit.

I am still smiling thinking of that homevideo. TV viewing is sometimes good too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i suspected it all along !

-He is a spoiled kid, the son of a rich son of a gun ...... huh ?..
did i get dat right ?
there are one too many of's here

-Saby, perplexed

Keshi said...

aww so cutttte u fell asleep! But isnt that great that Humpty neva fell off...that he stayed intact :)

Keshi.

sandeip said...

hehe;that would have been so characteristic,refusing to fall off.
and hey;thanx for the small pieces of ur mind :)

Dewdrop said...

Glad that you have your childhood memories recorded into movies. Nostalgia touches you ever so gloriously.

De.vile said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
De.vile said...

ok that was a good one with a little bit of grammar problem.
heres what i meant.

damn funny. but wuts funnier is that you can sit when you are sleeping :)

Anonymous said...

dude, what up! i don't usually do this but i haven't heard from you for ages...heck you temme i cheer you up and shyt right? well where da fuck are you when i need cheerin up eh? bah....stupid i know...la la...just miss talkin to you..i got so much goin on that i'd love to tell you and i'm sure you'd love to hear and all...but la la blah and all..delete this post after you read it it's dum anyway just wanted to say hi and blah and all...and belated happy easter....and o...i gotta tell you bout easter too and how we sang Handel's Hallelujah and how i could do the glory the best and all....o god there is so mcuh to tell Akshay..heh maybe i'll mail you...except i was too lazy to actually open my mailbox thingy..okay nah actually i'm too dumb for that option to even occur to me in the nick of time and hence i've already typed this o so long post...hope you don't get annoyed heh....well just wanted to say hi and all that and please do keep in touch and take care of yourself too aiite...and please reply or somethin i left you an offliner too...miss you!