Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Blood petals



It was a bruise
a long scar flashing across the wrist
crimson with blood
dirty with dirt and laughing with mock
The sadness on my face


wasn't due to the wound,visible
A lopsided sadness,fixed and immutable
like ridges in stone
or a lash across the wrist.
The flower petals of love wilting

under the scorch of the sun
dried and ancient,they look beautiful
slightly nostalgic,profoundly amnesic
a paint dried canvas
Almost bored with blood

I wipe the hand clean
A smude leaves a trail,reminiscent
of footprints on the shore,waiting
to be swept away
with the salty waters of the ocean

or tears,
whichever drowns me first.

8 comments:

sandeip said...

gosh!!its beautiful.

the most exquisite piece of poetry you ever wrote.

but as a counterpoint ash;for i feel that the hope;no the will;to live seems to have disappeared;i would like you to read and evaluate the following lines by William Blake:

"Bring me my bow of burning gold,
Bring me my arrows of desire;
Bring me my spear;o clouds unfold!
Bring me my chariot of fire."

bring back the arrows of desire, my friend.

Jim said...

heyyyyyy !
wat is wordy saying !
he is crazier than i tot

Ashes uses poetic licence u ass WORDY

he can rite of sweet love one day
and despair the next

he is just expected to be AWESOME !
dats it

dont read more into dis riting
he just said the sweetest lies to Kesh

and Kesh is in heaven
like as in orgasm

Anonymous said...

..

saurav said...

really excellent.....i must say....

Keshi said...

...salty waters of tears, whichever drowns me first...

wow wut beautiful sentiments...in that case Ash I have no more depth to cover, I'm totally drowned...

Keshi.

Ashes said...

word_smith--I'm pleased that you found the poem beautiful.Thanks.The 'will to live' is an instinct and I still have it.The desire burns too,to come out of here.I am tired of living in here.

Saby--*smiles* sometimes i wonder Saby,that why do you try you own version of mask on me.I KNOW,okies.

anonymous@02:34--...

avik--thanks,I must say.

keshi--isn't it a wonderful feeling to drwon,or as de.vile says "to float underwater"

Anonymous said...

dis De Vile is weird !

Keshi said...

Ash I dunno if it's wonderful to be drowned 'cos since I'm drowned I'm neutral to feelings now...

Keshi.