Wednesday, September 22, 2004

My fav. Poem

I am not doing something original toady.I am so tired and stripped of all originality.I saw one write up from Sebia and somehow her article on chat-escape-frm-reality..made me think of this poem by Charles Baudelaire.It always makes me cry.It's called 'A strange man's dream'

Have you felt – I have – a pain that you enjoyed?
Do they say about you, too: ‘How strange he is!’
I was dying, and a special agony
filled my eager soul: dread and desire,
anguish and expectation – no sense of revolt.
The closer I came to what would be the end,
the sharper was my torment and the more welcome;
my heart was wrenching free from the usual world.
I was like a child in front of a stage,
hating the curtain as if it were in the way…
Finally the cold truth was revealed:
I had simply died, and the terrible dawn
enveloped me. Could this be all there is?
The curtain was up, and I was waiting still.

It's so sad. So beautiful.So filled with hope.I hope you guys appreciate it.I'll post some of my own poems soon.

1 comment:

Dewdrop said...

Hi Ash
I landed here surfing through Sebia's comments. Your fav poem is truly awesome. Death mystifies yet hope never dies. You mentioned 'hope', incidently I posted my work on the subject today. You might like to read:)