Saturday, April 02, 2005

We are the world.

I wrote this after reading a news article about the death of Terry Shciavo.She didn't mean anything to me,and I am usually unruffled to the point of callousness when it comes to deaths.I have seen some ghastly ones in my lifetime of 23 yrs and they kinda have left me numb.But somehow this death ignited some long lost spark in me.It had died now,ofcourse..and once again I am back to my usual 'i -don't-give-a-damn-about-people' thingy..but i wrote this poem.almost in tears last night.I donno what the fuck touched me there..the new item began with"Terri Schiavo, who had been in a persistent vegetative state for 15 years, has died at age 41. Schiavo's feeding tube was removed 13 days ago, after her parents lost a protracted battle with husband Michael Schiavo for guardianship"..fuck that.


This time it will go away.
It won't hurt that much.
It's just a moment afterall
A night's sleep and a new beginning.


Oh how we fool ourselves
the iron vaults of the numbed heart
sometimes open,oh dreadful pain!
a heart of flesh still quivers.


A silent death,how paradoxical
she probably didn't feel anything
maybe infinite sadness
we would never know..we ever care?


The angels of God might laugh
a great farce follows her departure
please let her die in peace
she never got a chance when she was alive.


Was she ever alive? we would never know..we ever care?

13 comments:

De.vile said...

again. yip its cruel keeping someone alive like that. gagged and paralised. deaths better. maybe it isnt over but at least helplesness wouldnt hurt

Keshi said...

Ash...ur a truely caring person in this lonely world.

Terri was a beautiful young woman (if you saw her photos before her illness). When I saw her just before her death looking so helpless and not quite the Terri she was, I was wondering how 'uncertain' and how 'cruel' life could be for some of us...she is a woman just like any of us...and the twist of fate made her life a painful experience that only she would have known of...that only she would have felt...that only she would have suffered...not any of us. And who are we to tell what her life or death should be like? That's my question. It is truely unforgiving to leave her that way when her soul has already left...it's best to get rid of the empty shell as well. But then again I really wonder if she still wanted to live...only if she had the say...

Fly with the angels Terri...ur free now baby...free of all the pain and uselessness of this world!

Keshi.

sandeip said...

the story is so touching but i think so lucky she is now and she will never have to care and she will sleep silently in a deep sleep.best of all she would not have dreams.free of every thing,bonds;emotions;success ;failure;love;hate;all.................

Ashes said...

oh fuck it all.
de.vile---I think it's cowardly to act the angel on one's behalf and to end the miseries to 'kill' somone.That Micheal guy was a cruel bastard and thats that.

Keshi-- I wouldn't give a flying fuck about 'care'.It's just that in inhumanness..oh hell what am I saying?

word_smith---Death,however hard we want it to be an absolute end ..is not.is soo not.I wish it were.

Anonymous said...

evry body dies
but few ppl really live

- Anony mouse, the learned one

Anonymous said...

wud some one tell me
just wat the hell is a flying fuck

- Anony Mouse

sandeip said...

ash:-
"i balanced all,brought all to mind,
the years to come seemed a waste of breath,
a waste of breath the years behind
in balance with this life;this death.
:W.B.Yeats

Dewdrop said...

Well Ash, some people live known, some die and become known, some others just live and die w/o nobody knowing them and thats really sad.
On another note, I hate you for not singing a song for me :(

Keshi said...

ash calm down...I didnt mean to upset u by saying ur a caring person which u r anyways :) What happened, why d u sound so angry? Take care buddy...luv ya lots!

Keshi.

Jim said...

trying my hand wid brush and canvas
did a portrait of a deadly wedding of a devil wooman

Jim said...

trying my hand wid brush and canvas
did a portrait of a deadly wedding of a devil wooman

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jim said...

replied to all yr questions on my blogg

tanks for dropping by