Monday, April 25, 2005

Job

I tend to make people feel out of place.That was an observation some manager made when I went for a job interview yesterday.I was lost in some thought of my own.They had given me a form to fill.I filled it to the best of my knowledge.The post was for some front office where the one has to direct the ppl to the department they want to buy stuff from.They thought that since i was presentable as far as my photograph goes,i'd be good in making people feel good too.I wanted to be liked by people for a change,so i wnted this job.I had promised myself not to show my 'I don't really care if you hire me or not' to them.The first round i cleared.They asked name and etc and told me to go for the personal interview.The HR was a lady in her 30s.Looking prim and was trying to be very friendly.My initial cold 'good morning' maybe damped her spirits.Someone had advised me to put on a fake plastic smile and try to appear as i would gladly kiss their ass.She asked me why i wanted the job? I wanted to say "to amuse myself" but I said that i wanted the job cuz I thought the company was wonderful and that my abilities to make people comfortable around me(I could just stop myself from laughing when i was saying that) would be perfect for such a job.She was clever.She asked me why am i so confident that I make people comfortable around myself.I said that i just know it.It's something everyone tells me.She smiled .I should have smiled back.I just kept looking.She finally asked me my hobbies.But somehow I started getting bored.I said that my hobbies are music and poetry.She told me that Shelly and some other dude were her fav. poets.I told her that according to me they suck.She didn't look all that pleased.She tried venturing into music.Told me that Ricky Martin is so cool and what do i think of the band called 'Blue'.I told her that R.Martin is the darling of silicon babes and bimbos and boybands have no right to exist.She ventured to tell me that my opinions are kinda violent.I told her that i am doing my best not to smash the flower vase thats kept on the table.She told me that i should leave and better try my hand at something which does not involve human beings.

As i was about to leave she said"One more thing .You make people feel out of place.One day you'll make them all run away."

I wanted to say "I care?" but i decided to be kind.I flashed my plastic smile and just left.

6 comments:

sebia said...

wow
ash it ws hilarious ,humour dripping with sarcasm ,satire at its best.
A v fun read, but i just fail 2 understand why u and ppl think ,tht ,u r cold or radiates negative vibes cuz u r always soo sweet to me and exudes warmth never ever i felt that venomous streak in you which u keep on propagating and i really hope tht u never show tht 2 me ever as well.

De.vile said...

damn u stay awake n try bein nice. it isnt so hard. maybe after a decade ull getit. maybe...

Anonymous said...

thass y u still job huntin coz of yr attitude

Anonymous said...

his attitude sux.
he thinks we r judging him
but what u call a person who talks abt death and then say i-dont-care

all i can say ur attitude wont help u much
wont make ur life happier

sorry but its true

or even if u say i-m-happier or " i dont care"
this is of no use
its only to soothe urself

infact u need to change ur attitude

and this showed in u getting kicked outta job
i tink job is something very pre requisite for respect and to be financially secure
if u r one of those who r rich and has dad's wealth ,then thats ok

if u have so much love for music and stuff u need to carry it on to a much beeger scale and convert it into money honey

or if u write well, u could be a writer too

otherwise being reserved wont help u much
im sorry if i sound rude here
but ..i think this doesnt help much

Anonymous said...

ur not a bad guy or a sicko ,ashes
as ppl might say

u r truely a nice guy

but i loathe ur attitude

Ashes said...

thanks whosoever.Pity is the last thing i need.So don't even try.

umm..know what,I don't like yer attitude too.

And yeah,I REALLY don't-give-a-fuck.

And to all of ya'll who tell me 'you aren't happy'.try looking into the mirror and ask 'Am i happy?'